Since joining our practice in 2008, Dr. Kalish's lifelong mission has been to inspire every patient to desire, achieve, and maintain optimum oral and systemic health. In addition to being a visionary in providing outstanding patient experiences and clinical outcomes, he served for 20 years on active duty in the US Army and retired as a highly decorated full-bird colonel in 2016. He is a #1 international best-selling author TWICE on Amazon thanks to his books for patients - "A Reason to Smile: Fixing Broken Confidence with Cosmetic Dentistry" and "Smile! Creating Healthy and Beautiful Smiles with Cosmetic Dentistry" - which was shared across the country on CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and many other news outlets including the El Paso Times. Dr Kalish specializes in the placement of dental implants to replace missing teeth, bone and soft tissue grafting, laser and cosmetic periodontal surgery.
As a former instructor in both periodontal & implant surgery, Dr Kalish brings a wealth of knowledge and clinical expertise to the El Paso dental community. In an ongoing effort to seek out the latest advancements available, he attends dental continuing education courses annually. While he enjoys demonstrating and teaching the most cutting-edge surgical techniques at numerous educational seminars around the world, he is most passionate about working with other dentists in the Southwestern United States so our patients continue to receive only the highest quality of dental care available anywhere in the world.
Dr. Kalish attended the Six-Year Combined BA/DDS program at the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC). He finished both college and dental school in only six years as compared to the normal eight years while training alongside some of the brightest students from around the world. While serving in the Army, he practiced general dentistry for four years before deciding that dental implants and periodontal surgery would become his life-long pursuit. Outside the United States, he has practiced dentistry in: Thailand, Korea, Mongolia, Germany, Italy, and Iraq in addition to travelling to almost 40 countries.
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- El Paso District Dental Society
- International College of Dentists
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- International Academy of Facial Aesthetics
- College of Sedation in Dentistry
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Texas State Dental Board of Examiners Level 1 Sedation Permit Certification
- Texas State Dental Board of Examiners License to Practice Dentistry
- New Mexico State Dental Board License to Practice Dentistry
|Kalish BP et al. Smile! Creating Healthy and Beautiful Smiles with Cosmetic Dentistry, 2020
|Kalish BP et al. A Reason to Smile: Fixing Broken Confidence With Cosmetic Dentistry, 2017
|Kalish BP et al. Influence of Matrix-Suspended Demineralized Bone on Osseous Repair Using A Critcal-Sized Defect in the Rat (Rattus Norvegicus) Calvarium. J of Oral Implant. 2008, Vol 34, No. Two: 83-89
Coming from a family with strong military ties, he is a third-generation US Army war veteran after his father (Vietnam) and both grandfathers (WWII). His great uncle - Lawrence "Uncle Lawr" F. O'Neill - became a WWII American Fighter Ace after shooting down five enemy aircraft (four the same day) over the Pacific and was awarded the Distinguish Service Cross. His maternal grandfather, Thomas Sheerin, was awarded three bronze stars in WWII. Two of Dr. Kalish's younger brothers also earned US Army officer commissions.
Dr. Kalish is a Distinguished Military Graduate from the US Army's Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) at UMKC. After graduating from dental school, he went on to serve with the elite US Army Special Forces - deploying five humanitarian missions to Asia as the only dentist assigned to the 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne). Later in his career, he deployed to Camp Taji just north of Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as the United States Forces - Iraq Theater Periodontist for over 100,000 Service Members from all branches in Southwest Asia from 2009-2010.
At the age of 39, he became one of the youngest Army officers promoted to the rank of full-bird colonel in the last sixty years after being promoted early to major and colonel. He last assignment was serving as the Chief of Dental Policy of the US Army Dental Directorate. During his final four years in the Army, he oversaw policy and clinical operations of one of the largest group dental practices on the planet with more than 130 dental treatment facilities across the world responsible for treating over 500,000 Active Duty Soldiers and another 500,000 National Guard and Reserve Soldiers when activated.
Dr. Kalish's legacy was the creation of the Army's Go First Class (GFC) program. This enduring program significantly improved the dental health and readiness of Active Duty Soldiers to all-time highs by combining multiple dental procedures into a single visit while also refocusing dental appointments on teaching prevention and early intervention. In addition to improving many patient outcomes, GFC was directly responsible for a two-thirds reduction in the number of Soldier cavities and overall treatment needs.
- Legion of Merit
- Meritorious Service Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Commendation Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Achievement Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
- National Defense Service Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Expert Field Medical Badge
- Parachutist Badge
- German Armed Forces Badge in Gold
- Thailand Army Jump Wings
- Japan, Slovakia, and Poland Jump Wings (with the International Airborne Society)
- 1st Medical Brigade Combat Service Identification Badge and Shoulder Sleeve Insignia-Former Wartime Service
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (502nd Dental Company Area Support in Iraq)
- Chief of Dental Policy - US Army Dental Directorate, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Director of Health Care Operations - US Army Dental Command, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Director of Health Care Delivery – US Army Dental Command, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Assistant Chief of Staff for Readiness, Plans, & Operations – US Army Dental Command, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Director of Operations – Western Regional Dental Command, Fort Bliss, Texas
- United States Forces – Iraq Theater Periodontist
- Officer-in-Charge, Camp Taji Dental Clinic near Baghdad, Iraq
- Officer-in-Charge, William Beaumont Army Medical Center Hospital Dental Clinic, Fort Bliss, Texas
- Chief of Periodontics, Fort Bliss Dental Activity in Texas
- Officer-in-Charge, Kleber Dental Clinic in Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Chief of Periodontics, Landstuhl Dental Activity in Germany
- Mentor of Periodontics, Landstuhl Dental Activity Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program (1-Year) at Pulaski Barracks in Vogelweh, Germany
- Resident, US Army Periodontic Residency, Fort Gordon, Georgia
- 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Dental Officer, Fort Lewis, Washington
- Chief of Restorative Dentistry - Dental Clinic #2, Fort Lewis, Washington
- Resident, US Army Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program, Fort Lewis, Washington
Transform Your Smile Today
Dental Implants – Reclaim your smile. If you're among the 70 million Americans missing teeth, then you dental implants are a great solution to restore you smile, function, and oral health. Dive into our in-depth guide to learn more. Learn More
Laser Therapy – The modern solution for gum disease treatment is Laser Periodontal Therapy (LPT), an FDA-approved non-surgical innovation. Our cutting-edge approach combines expertise and advanced laser technology to skillfully trim infected gum tissue, eliminate stubborn plaque buildup, and foster bone regeneration. Learn More
Cosmetic Smile Enhancement – Are you dealing with gum recession, a gummy smile, a toothy smile, or other orthodontic challenges? We provide procedures to address those concerns and more. Visit our cosmetic smile enhancement page to discover how you can restore your smile and confidence. Learn More
Hear From Our Patients
I have NEVER felt more at ease than I did with this staff! They were gentle and tolerant, they genuinely care for patients and each other and it shows! - Ashley A.
Very warm and friendly atmosphere that helps one to feel comfortable while being treated in the dentist office. Beginning from the front office staff upon entering the facility as well as being cared for by the doctors and staff. Extreme professional care is given to each patient at each visit to the dentist office. - Les G.
Great customer service. Highly respectful staff members. Every time I visit all employees have positive and inviting vibes. The Dr invest into the equipment required to do the best job. They continually check to make sure you are not in pain during the surgery. They also seen me earlier than my appointment, so I could make it back to work on time. I greatly appreciate all staff members and highly recommend them. - Chad B.